A Practical Learning Program for Product Development Leaders
“Success with agile starts with a mindset. This program gives you that and more.”
– Ed de la Fuente, Intel
One-Day Workshop For:
- Product leaders
- Engineering leaders
- R&D leaders
- P&L owners
“Agile” has become a hot buzzword… and rightfully so. Those who have embraced its goodness have delivered more valuable solutions in less time and with fewer resources. Unfortunately for many teams agile, as it has been defined for pure software products, is not a perfect fit. While agile evangelists attempt to drive scrums and sprints, other stakeholders from engineering leaders to production managers often scramble to adapt their processes and thinking — with frustrating results. This often leads to agile creating more problems than it solves.
Join leading product development experts Gary Hinkle and Dorian Simpson for this interactive executive experience to apply agile to projects that require cross-discipline teams, thinking and processes to achieve consistent agile success.
In just one day, you’ll learn how recognized leaders from Apple to Xilinx, as well as innovative smaller companies, apply the methods of agile to grow and thrive in their industries with products that must engage a wide range of disciplines in engineering, design, testing and production. Whether you’re just learning, struggling or need to take agile to the next level, this seminar will share the secrets of agile along with practical tools to:
- Apply agile to critical projects ranging from simple applications to complex systems with multiple components
- Effectively include all product development roles and disciplines in the agile process — from architects to deployment managers
- Expertly apply agile in physical and embedded software products where software might be a small component
MORNING: THE FOUNDATIONS of AGILE GOODNESS
- The Benefits of Agile – The investment, business case and results you can expect
- The Agile Challenge – Success factors, assess YOUR environment, where companies fail and how you can succeed
- Five Use Cases to Apply Agile – Five types of mission-critical projects and products and how agile can lead to success
Enjoy an interactive and agile lunch and network with other leaders as you participate in an agile learning exercise
AFTERNOON SESSION: EXECUTING COMPANY-WIDE AGILE
- Making Agile work – Develop an agile plan matched to your goals, products and team
- Agile tools – Beyond the Scrum – Three cutting-edge agile tools to ensure cross-functional agile success
- How to apply agile success to any type of product or service
- Clarifying how and when designers, hardware engineers, testers and business leaders participate in the agile process
- How to effectively use agile for embedded software applications
- Bringing cross-discipline teams into the agile process
- How to use testing criteria as a critical delivery contract
- Managing agile progress communication to all stakeholders
- Applying agile principals in situations of unforeseen chaos
- A comprehensive E-book with tools, examples and key learnings
- Peer networking
- Lunch and refreshments
- Follow-up with the workshop leaders to assist with implementation
Pricing and Registration
Early Registration: 20% off when registering one week in advance of program date. Use Coupon Code EXECAGILE
Group Rate: 15% discount for groups of 4 or more.
This seminar is limited to 15 people and can fill up quickly.
|Click on a location to start your registration.|
|Chicago, IL||May 23, 2018||through 5/9||after 5/9|
|Romulus, MI||June 7, 2018||through 5/31||after 5/31|
|Boston, MA||June 26, 2018||through 6/19||after 6/19|
The best way to guarantee your enrollment is to register online with a credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards. If paying by check, make payable to Auxilium, Inc. Email purchase orders here.
Auxilium, Inc. federal tax ID number: 01-0666217
Register by Phone: Call 800-577-3528 or 971-222-6234 to enroll individuals or groups using a credit card.
Dates and Locations
May 23, 2018
Sheraton O’Hare Airport
6501 Mannheim Rd.
Rosemont, IL 60018
June 7, 2018
Four Points by Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport
8800 Wickham Rd.
Romulus, MI 48174
June 26, 2018
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
1 Hotel Dr.
Boston, MA 02128
Over 40 Years of Development Expertise
Consultant. Trainer. Speaker. Executive.
Boeing. Intel. Microsoft.
“Making Agile a cross-discipline process is critical to successful implementation. Many companies struggle with this!”
Consultant. Trainer. Author. Executive. Certified NPDP.
ATT. Motorola. Intel.
“As Agile becomes a company-wide process, more thinking must go into success at the boundaries of software development.”
If for any reason you are not satisfied, write to us within 30 days after attending the workshop, return the materials, and we’ll arrange for you to receive a full refund – hassle-free!
Who Should Attend
- Engineering and Software Development Leaders
- R&D Leaders
- Product Management Leaders
- Project Management Leaders
- IT Leaders
“Success with Agile starts with a mindset. This program gives you that and more.”
– Ed de la Fuente, Intel
“Excellent subject, well delivered. Understandable. Clear opportunities for me to apply what I learned to my own situation.”
– Eric Dye, Intel
“I was so lucky to take part in this training. I came with many questions that were perfectly explained. It was very helpful!”
– E. Shao, Buhler
“The tools I learned are clearly among the best in the industry.”
– C. Wheelock, CenturyLink
Continuing Education Credits: 6.5 PDHs/PDUs
Offer This Workshop Onsite
All of Auxilium’s workshops are available for onsite delivery. Call today and let us customize this program for you.
Logistics and Details
Cancellations and substitutions
Payment is required in advance but is refundable, less a $50 processing fee, if your cancellation is received 5 full business days before the course. If you fail to attend and do not notify us in advance, the fee is not refunded. Substitutes are welcome. Simply send the substitute on the day of the course and notify the instructor of the change on arrival.
Directions to the site will be provided after the registration is processed.
We begin at 9:00 a.m. sharp and wrap up at about 5:15 p.m. Check-in begins at 8:30 AM. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Lunch is from approximately 12:30 to 1:30 PM. Dress is casual. Materials are provided at the workshop.
Course content and availability are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to cancel a course for any reason or change the venue. If we must cancel a course, liability is limited to a refund of the paid registration fee.
Call 800-577-3528 or 971-222-6234 between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time or email.